Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bonaire 2008 - Day 5 - Wednesday, 11/26/08

10:00p
We completed four dives today, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. The bad news, my camera housing flooded. The good news, at least I got all of the previous pictures and the pictures from the first 3 dives today. I am not sure what the longterm prognosis is for the camera, but it will be out of commission at least for tomorrow while I let it dry out. Chances are it is dead, but we shall see. The unfortunate part is I was just finally getting this setup figured out and I was getting some good pictures! Such is life...

We ate dinner at Sunset Grill again (the restaurant at the resort). I had a mixed seafood grill, Kara had grouper. We enjoyed the meal but service was very slow. We probably will avoid Sunset Grill for the rest of the trip.

Although I may not have photos from the rest of the trip, I will try to continue to post some from the last few days to keep the write-ups interesting. I did get some good shots today, but I will save a few for later. Here are the diving highlights:

Witches Hut:
Webbed Burfish
Green Sea Turtle
Batwing Coral Crab
Whitespotted Filefish




Karpata:
Large Bearded Fireworm
Queen Angelfish
Branching Anemone
Green Lettuce Sea Slug
Caribbean Reef Squid
Small Spotted Trunkfish
Spiny Head Blenny

Corporal Meiss:
Seahorse
Spotted Eagle Ray
Small Green Turtle missing a rear fin
Slender Filefish
Juvenile Spotted Trunkfish
Sharptail Eel



Alice in Wonderland:
Ocean Triggerfish
Black Durgon Triggerfish
Large School of Horse-eye Jack
Larger Juvenile Spotted Trunkfish
Longsnout Butterflyfish

No comments: